Thread: Bajoran Orbs

Bajoran Orbs

Does anyone know what a Bajoran Orb does to a person when viewed? Is there a difference between when a Bajoran looks at it and another species looks at it? Anything that would be reflected by rules anywhere that I don't know about? I am sorry to have to ask this here, but I missed most of DS9 while overseas and haven't been able to get any reruns where I live! I am DEPRIVED (or is that depraved ) At any rate, thanks for anyone who might have some info for me!!!!
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

It's just a 'vision', usually. But the Orb of Time actually allows time-travel. And the meaning of the vision differs per Orb.

I suggest you check out this thread:

http://forum.lotrrpg.net/showthread....5&pagenumber=1

And/or do a search for 'orbs'.
    Hope that helps.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Well, considering that we saw a couple of different races use the Orbs, I don't think the Prophets are too picky about what linear races use them.

1. Human ("Emissary")
    2. Trill ("Emissary")
    3. Bajoran ("The Collaborator")
    4. Ferengi ("Prophet Motive")

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. So far, the only two effects or results of using the Orbs seem to be:
    1. vision (every orb so far except the Orb of Time and Orb of The Emissary)
    2. opening the Bajoran wormhole (the Orb of The Emissary)
    3. opening contact with the Prophets (whichever Orb was used in "Prophet Motive")
    4. time travel (The Orb of Time)

A Klingon was also able to use the Orb of Time in "Trials and Tribble-ations".

It seems the Prophets don't take the race into account when it comes to choosing to whom to send a vision, but much more the fate of the person using it, in other terms : the Plot !

Although Prophet's Motive would tend to indicate that opening an orb in the wormhole forces them to communicate.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Let's not forget that the Grand Nagus was quite affected by 'using' the Orb. Much more than one would presume from a simple vision.

And to back that up, the Prophets seemed to have the ability to 'fix him up'.
    Jesus saves... and takes half damage.
    --+
    (www.btvs-rpg.net)

Originally posted by Anarchy Bob
    Let's not forget that the Grand Nagus was quite affected by 'using' the Orb. Much more than one would presume from a simple vision.

And to back that up, the Prophets seemed to have the ability to 'fix him up'.
    Didn't the Prophets say they 'restored' him to an earlier version of the Ferengi? A less greedy predecessor?
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Yeah, that's right. Zek had been restored to a previous incarnation of the Ferengi prior to their greedy, capitalistic ways.

Didn't Dukat use an orb?

He just opened the one in the temple on the Promenade so that the Pagh Wraith could enter into it and then transport into the Celestial Temple.