Thread: Intimidate skill question

Intimidate skill question

I am currently running a campaign set five years before the War of the Ring and I have run into one problem. The intimidate skill has a few specialties but only fear is is covered in the rule book.
    I was wondering how everybody else deals with the specialties majesty and power. I have looked throygh the FAQ and this forum and didnt find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
    War is never a good solution but sometimes it is the only solution.

I would handle it in exactly the same way, but using different specialties for different situations.

An example of Fear, used only by enemies, might be when an enemy bearing his fangs and snarling or the equivalent.

An example of Majesty would be Aragorn's majestic appearance.

An example of Power would be some of Gandalf's awesome spells such as Flame of Anor.

Torture is of used only be the Enemy, and only applicable in a torture scene.

You would use the exact same rules (althuogh possibly different modifiers) in each circumstance, the only difference being that the character might or might not recieve a +2 specialty bonus.

For example, the Witch-king has Intimidate (Fear). In battle he would have a +2 bonus from using his specialty. If attempting to torture a prisoner, he would not gain the +2 bonus. However, the same Fear rules would be used in both situations.

Hope this helps!

Ofcourse, just the sight of the Witch-king with an intrument of torture in his hands might be enough for a Fear test

But King of Rohan, euhm ben hur, is right.
    Just use the same Fear table, but adjust the outcome a bit. For example when using Majesty, a character who is 'unmanned' just is totally in awe of the 'majestic' character.