Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starship Creation program for CoDA is now On-Line!!!

Can someone post the file here, please? For some reason, I can't access the Yahoo! group at all -- my attempts to join the forum have gone unanswered....

Hmm...I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to put together a proggie to do this. Seems to be a simple enough form program, unless I'm really missing something.

Is a Win95+ program worth having for everyone here? And, if so, what would it HAVE to be able to do? (For my own purposes, it would just keep track of parts, but other guys may want more stuff to it than that.)

Originally posted by TFVanguard
    Hmm...I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to put together a proggie to do this. Seems to be a simple enough form program, unless I'm really missing something.
    Not so simple as you think - if you want to include the Prototype trait... (in my experience at least!).

I'll get my version online in the next few days, I promise! I just need to extract it from the laptop and make sure it's ok!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Originally posted by Imagus
    Not so simple as you think - if you want to include the Prototype trait... (in my experience at least!).

I'll get my version online in the next few days, I promise! I just need to extract it from the laptop and make sure it's ok!
    Well, I'll wait for you before getting started, then. It's not like I don't have a bagillion other projects started already anyway. But, I'm going to be tackling a poop-load of TOS-era ships in the immediate future, so I was looking for something to save me a little effort.

Right! Just posted this in a new thread

Enjoy!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."

Originally posted by Imagus
    Right! Just posted this in a new thread

Enjoy!
    Arghle! You want me to install Access! :P

Originally posted by TFVanguard
    Arghle! You want me to install Access! :P
    Oh! Sorry...

Personally, I don't have too much of a problem with the whole Microsoft thing anymore. And Access is the best and most adaptable database I've found at anywhere near an affordable price.

I've been wanting to do a stand-alone version - but without some kind of payment it hasn't been worth it... Not exactly a priority
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Imagus
    Oh! Sorry...

Personally, I don't have too much of a problem with the whole Microsoft thing anymore. And Access is the best and most adaptable database I've found at anywhere near an affordable price.
    Nah, it's disk space that's the problem. :P

I've also got a boat-load of 'project creation' applications on my machine right now, and I'm a bit worried about adding yet another one to deal with. It's definately time to clean out the ol' box.

I'm thinking I might try and work on a c# version over Christmas, but I'm not sure how much time I have - could be a long wait!
    Jon