Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardassian Sourcebook Released

Perrryyy Guest

religion?

I know there's very little mention of religion on Cardassia. Can we assume why this is why there weren't religious packages included?

I believe it was mentioned in the history part of the text that once the Cardies were a very religious people, with a whole pantheon of Gods, but when the New Order cmae out they abolished all religion in the Union.

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Phantom
    I believe it was mentioned in the history part of the text that once the Cardies were a very religious people, with a whole pantheon of Gods, but when the New Order cmae out they abolished all religion in the Union.
    Thanks, just found that section after a harder glance.

In the face of the terrible hardships on Cardassia and the onset of the modern world, religion began to die out. The Telerath Jonak religion remained until 2291 when the Central command outlawed religion throught Cardassia in response to religious protest on Cardassia Prime.

There's no reason why Cardassian characters wouldn't be religious, but there is no organised religion. Except possibly amongst the dissident movement. The Theology (Hebetian) Skill can be gained in the Dissident/Criminal skill packages.

Of course, after the war is whole different thing. In all likelyhood someone would try to re-establish a church.

Greg (Cardassian Historian and Theologist)

When I wrote the packages, I did not include a religious package intentionally. The practice of Cardassian religion, because of the reasons mentioned above, is a dissident activity. It's why you'll find some Theology (Hibetian) skills in the Dissident packages and no full-blown religion package in Book II.

Cardassian religion

Don't forget about the religious faction after the Dominion war. Their presense will be in an influence on who controls the union.

It kind of remind me of that Tom Clancy game about who will control Russia after Yeltsin died.

Lightbulb Re: Cardassian Sourcebook Released

Originally posted by Anomaly
    We're pleased to announce the release of v1 of the Cardassian Sourcebook.

You can dowload the document from here.

Two alternatives for downloading:

A fast FTP

An even faster FTP

Or try the Netherlands Mirror

The document requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.05 or higher.

The file is 9megs in size.

I'd like to extend my deepest gratitude to everyone who helped make the document what it is. It is because of them that you have this net book for free. Special thanks to Lace for providing us with hosting space.

Partly to bump this to a more current spot..and also to let everyone know that the first two download sites, FTP1 and two, no longer work.

The book can be downloaded from Here
    The day we hand over our civil rights will be the day we hand over our country.

--Dhael

Alexandre Maier has created us a set of covers for the Cardassian sourcebooks. Aren't they pretty?

These will be added into the next iteration of the sourcebook, but until then, I figured you guys would want them sooner.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally posted by Anomaly
    Alexandre Maier has created us a set of covers for the Cardassian sourcebooks. Aren't they pretty?
    Aha!

Numphar? You know the drill...
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

"Roll up, Roll up. Watch as the amazing Numphar 'Dances the Dance of Joy.'
    Only 3 Groats and a Cabbage. Roll up, Roll up."
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I hope you enjoy the covers. You will find all the covers I've made for released e-Book using the fellowing link :

http://alex.trekrpg.free.fr/Download/

ALEXANDRE.

PS : The covers for the Klingon SRM & the TOS SRM are ready, but I need an artist (somebody who can make 3D views from the ships of "the Way of D'Era") to make the Romulan SRM cover. Help is welcome...

http://alex.trekrpg.free.fr/Download/
    Ex Astris Scientia
    http://alex.trekrpg.free.fr