Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bajoran orbs

Originally posted by Perrryyy

After thinking about it for a while, I thought I'd make the weilder of the Witchblade at least part Klingon (and I still don't know what to call it - tho I like "blade of Honor).
    Ahhh... That would be 'Bat'leth' in Klingon.

It may need another name.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Dan Gurden

Ahhh... That would be 'Bat'leth' in Klingon.

It may need another name.
    You could make it part Cardassian.

I don't know wether or not you've read "New Worlds, New Civilizations," which is a book that reads like a National Geographic on the Trek world. In it, there's a great short story about a Cardassian archeological team uncovering some stuff from the Hebetian period - on the walls, there are drawing/paintings that show rituals being performed at birth, and a strange ritual of Cardassians dropping little papers into a fire. The other character in the story says, "Hey, Cardassians don't have rituals like that..." and the Cardie archeologist points out that the Bajorans do, and the other guy remembers the story he heard about how the Bajoran solar-sail ship crashed on Cardassia during the Hebetian period... and maybe, just maybe, the greatest period of Cardassian history, the Hebetian period, was on the influence of the Bajorans! Last thought in the story is that the Cardies in the pictures are wearing earrings...

ANYway, that's a long story way of saying, what if the Bajorans who crashed on Cardassia soooo long ago had an orb with them that had brought them the inspiration to go there, and it was destroyed on impact, but the Bajorans who survived used the fragments in crafting a Cardassian-like blade...

Ta-da - your witchblade.

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Michael Barratt

You could make it part Cardassian.

I don't know wether or not you've read "New Worlds, New Civilizations," which is a book that reads like a National Geographic on the Trek world. In it, there's a great short story about a Cardassian archeological team uncovering some stuff from the Hebetian period - on the walls, there are drawing/paintings that show rituals being performed at birth, and a strange ritual of Cardassians dropping little papers into a fire. The other character in the story says, "Hey, Cardassians don't have rituals like that..." and the Cardie archeologist points out that the Bajorans do, and the other guy remembers the story he heard about how the Bajoran solar-sail ship crashed on Cardassia during the Hebetian period... and maybe, just maybe, the greatest period of Cardassian history, the Hebetian period, was on the influence of the Bajorans! Last thought in the story is that the Cardies in the pictures are wearing earrings...

ANYway, that's a long story way of saying, what if the Bajorans who crashed on Cardassia soooo long ago had an orb with them that had brought them the inspiration to go there, and it was destroyed on impact, but the Bajorans who survived used the fragments in crafting a Cardassian-like blade...

Ta-da - your witchblade.

The Doc
    Thanks Nathan! I'll have to hunt that book down