Thread: Thank you!

Thank you!

In the event that Trek-RPG.net is indeed shut down, I want to thank Don, the mods, and all the members for years of great times and great RPG material. Also thanks to the other Decipher playtesters who I worked with on the LOTR and Trek games; I wish we had known what was coming.

It's been great fun, and I hope to see many of you on other fora, such as RPG.net and Decipher's Trek RPG boards (which while run by the Evil D, is about the only other Trek RPG-specific board out there).

For what it's worth, I've been campaigning for the Trek and LOTR RPGs with Decipher since the Studio was canned, but like Don, hit a brick wall regarding communications and employee turnover at Decipher. I don't think we'll see any more material from them. Hopefully a new company will someday take the reins and give us a well-supported game.

Best of luck to all in your endeavors!

I agree.

Don, thanks for giving us a great place to chat about gaming and Trek. I understand the reasons why you are shutting down and while I am disappointed, your reasoning is very sound - gaming and hobbies are great but its family is way more important.

Its a shame that your freelance career is also taking a break too - your Stargate stuff was amazing. Hopefully in the next few years your home schedule settles and you can get back into writing again.

Once again, thanks for everything you have done for Trek RPG fans (and gaming fans period). Its very appreciated.
    I love deadlines - I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by
    - The late Douglas Adams